125 Merchandise
Latest Message
Date: 07/03/2015
Hard luck to our quiz team who cam out on the loosing side of this weeks semi final. Tune in Sunday to hear their valiant effort. List out for a special supporter that was there on the night.

Mullinabreena V St Mary's 01/04/2001
Date:  01/04/2001 00:00:00
Reporter:  FB

Mullinabreena had a good victory over St Mary's in the second round of the league in Nace O'Dowd park. The final score was Mullinabreena 2.08, St Mary's 1.05. The score at half time was 1.04 V 1.01 in favour of the home team. Training continues on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.

The following match report was compiled by guest reporter - Francis Brennan who had a bird's eye view of the match from the goalkeepers position!

Mullinabreena 2-8, St. Mary's 1-4, was how this second round league match finished in Nace o Dowd park on Sunday last. Mullinabreena picked up where they left off in the previous game, by defeating a mediocre St Mary's side, to make it two wins out of two.

The Mullinabreena side lined out as follows; Francis Brennan, Anthony McGowan, Patrick Gormalley, Eugene Henry, Barry Kivlehan, Trevor McGuinn, John McGowan, Padraig McHugh, Denis Gormalley, Daniel Davey, Peadar Gallagher, Ollie Lee, Pat Collum, Ronan Tansey, & Sean Gormalley. Subs were, Martin Gormalley, Paul Kivlehan

Thomas Toolan, Eanna Scully. (Michael and David Hosey were absent due to a family bereavement).

Mullinabreena eventually opened the scoring after a series of missed chances. That score came from the right boot of Padraig McHugh who worked tirelessly throughout the game. St Mary's replied however, with a fisted point from their full forward. Points from Ronan Tansey& Daniel Davey, edged the home side in front but a stubborn St Mary's side refused to lie down, and hit back with a rather fortuitous goal. A well struck goal from Daniel Davey just before the break left the half time score, 1-4 to 1-1, in favour of Mullinabreena.

After the restart, St Mary's hit three points in quick succession, but due to some tenacious defending by the Mullinabreena backs that was to be their final flurry. Mullinabreena then took over completely, and scored four further points, which included a stunning free kick from midfielder Denis Gormalley, way out near the left hand sideline. Pat Collum added a second goal and despite a penalty miss by Ronan Tansey, the home side ran out comfortable winners.

Best for Mullinabreena on the day were Eugene Henry and Patrick Gormalley in defence, Denis Gormalley and Padraig McHugh at midfield and Daniel Davey and Ronan Tansey in attack.

 (C) Copyright Coolaney/Mullinabreena GAA Club 1998 - 2014Admin